Monday, May 28, 2012

You are what you eat

Going back to the old saying, you are what you eat... I am really quite thankful to be a vegetarian! My friend Nate's host family taught him how to slaughter a chicken on his own. After learning how to do this with his family, he invited a few of us over to see what it's like. People laughed when I said I wanted to attend since I'm a vegetarian, but I'm glad that I did. It was a good cultural activity to observe.... and definitely reconfirmed that I don't think I'll ever be able to eat meat again.
Nate & Boo killing the chicken
the unfortunate fate of this poor chicken
Jvani with the chicken head :-( She's vegetarian too!
I'm living quite simply & loving my diet as a vegetarian here. It's amazing how out of touch we can be with our food! We don't even give food a second thought as we pick it up in the grocery store. I think it's a good idea to question where your food comes from!  Happy eating everyone! 

Spoonful of joy! Nutella & peanut butter... nom nom. This
is what I prefer to eat! :o) 
 Love & Light,
TMV 

No comments:

Post a Comment