Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Find the Clearing

I found a wonderful little gem I've been meaning to share.

Clearing 
by Martha Postlewaite

Do not try to save
the whole world
or do anything grandiose.
Instead, create
a clearing
in the dense forest
of your life
and wait there
patiently,
until the song
that is your life
falls into your own cupped hands
and you recognize and greet it.
Only then will you know
how to give yourself
to this world
so worthy of rescue.

* * * * *

Why do I treasure this so much? Because I get caught up in the little things. All the daily stressors. The comparisons. The what if's.

And I know I'm not alone.

We're all human. We all do it. We all get carried away.

But here's the thing… there's always something. There's always something that will push us past our breaking point. Unexpected news. Annoyances. Demands. Expectations. Realities we don't want to face.

Life gets crazy. It doesn't slow down. In fact, I'm convinced it keeps going faster.

Finding peace within yourself is SO POWERFUL. Stepping away from the issues and finding calm within yourself will help you maintain sanity and optimism throughout the chaos.

You don't have to have the right answers ( I certainly don't have them). Live your life, find comfort within, and have faith that if you're paying attention, life will lead you in the right direction.

There is so much peace and comfort within you. Try to find it. I'll be doing the same.

Love & Light,

TMV 

No comments:

Post a Comment