Sunday, March 23, 2014

A Gift to Myself

A gift that will keep giving.
A gift that will transform.
A gift that I'll always carry with me.

I'm leaving the Peace Corps and giving myself the gift of YOGA.



I've decided to attend a 200 Hour Yoga Teaching Training Program in Rishikesh, India. The four week program runs from mid-June to mid-July. I will be attending the program with one of my favorite volunteers I served with here in Botswana, and I believe it will also be a great opportunity for us to sift through our emotions of ending our Peace Corps service.

I'll be pushed and challenged, attending classes six days a week and abiding by a strict schedule. I will learn more about yoga, meditation, and human anatomy. I will receive proper training to become a certified teacher. It will be a welcomed change of pace from my life as a volunteer.

I've always dreamed of doing this, and I'm beyond thrilled to take advantage of this opportunity.

This will be my belated 25th birthday present. A celebration of my success as a Peace Corps Volunteer. The chance to live out another one of my dreams.

I'm so incredibly grateful!

Love & Light,

TMV 

No comments:

Post a Comment