- remember that one person who encouraged you to pursue your dreams?
- remember that one time you felt like giving up and someone came out of the woodworks to help you get back on your feet?
- remember that one person you really admired because they "walked the walk" and lived by example?
- remember that one time you were having a crumby day and that smile from a stranger lifted your spirits?
- remember that one person who offered to help when you needed it the most?
- remember that one time your friends/family/coworkers surprised you with dinner, coffee, or cookies - - just because?
- remember that one person who empowered you to feel like you could accomplish anything you set your mind to?
- remember that one time when a few kind words turned your whole day around?
- remember that one person who unconditionally loved and supported you?
- remember that one time someone texted you just to check in and it made you smile?
- remember that one person you felt comfortable sharing your life secrets, goals, and desires with?
- remember that one person who hugged you before you knew you needed it… because they could see your world crashing down around you?
- remember that one time someone reached out to you and invited you to spend time with them?
be the one.
- be the one who goes out of their way.
- be the one who pays attention to the emotional needs of others.
- be the one who makes a conscious effort to improve someone's life.
- be the one youth can look up to, admire, and learn from.
- be the one to encourage others to follow their heart .
- be the one who doesn't allow jealousy or comparison to disturb relationships.
- be the one who is playful, light-hearted, and full of love.
- be the one with open arms and an open heart.
- be the one who listens with undivided attention.
- be the one to hug, kiss, and comfort those who need it the most.
- be the one who sets aside time to spend with loved ones.
- be the one who cares enough to make a small difference. And then… be the one who knows the small acts make a HUGE difference.
It's so much easier than you could imagine to be the one. One small act of kindness, one smile, one encouraging sentence… it can all make a difference. The little things start to add up. It might be impossible to measure the impact you'll have, but isn't it so much better to add a little love to the world - instead of waiting for someone else to do it?
Try it. Laugh a little more. Love a little harder. Joy is contagious…
Love & Light,