Monday, May 19, 2014

Third Botswana Birthday

25! A quarter century young...

It was my third birthday in Botswana. Now I have been four ages in Botswana: 22, 23, 24, and 25. Typing that out really makes me realize how long I've been here!

I spent the day with the people I love the most in my village: my family! The kids helped me blow out my birthday candles and we played games together in the sand. I got hugs, love, and cards from people all around the globe. Skype allowed me to connect to my loved ones back home and hear them sing me happy birthday.

It was absolutely delightful.

But something I love more than all of that, is my desire to spend time in my village. I've come to love the people in my village and the life I've established here so much that I prefer to spend birthdays and holidays in Kang, living simply.

I spent my birthday just the way I wanted to... in Kang, Botswana as a Peace Corps Volunteer, surrounded by people I love.

Love & Light,
TMV  


No comments:

Post a Comment