Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Sweet & Simple Christmas

This year, I stayed in my village for Christmas day. 

As soon as I woke up and made coffee, I had these two sweet little ones at my house, sharing my oatmeal breakfast and coloring for hours. 





Following a lazy morning, I went to visit a dear friend of mine who is back in the village from studying at University. I stopped by to bring her daughter, brothers & sisters coloring books and craft supplies. 



After visiting my friend and her family, I headed home to make sugar cookies with the little ones and play around the house. 



Romeo came over with his brothers - - all excited about their new matching attire. Dress shoes & all! 


Loved on this sweet little one... 


Fussed over all the kiddos who were just so darn proud of themselves for how well they can clean up....


And headed out to the local kgotla for the traditional Christmas choirs. I stood with my family & community watching several local choirs sing and dance the day away... 




And ended up back at home, enjoying a traditional Tswana dinner with a delicious dessert, chatting with the family in the living room, cuddling kiddos to sleep in my lap. 


My Christmas was complete with a Skype date with Michael and my family as well. 

Sweet, simple, perfect. 

No big fuss over presents... just rejoicing and enjoying time together. 

A Christmas I'll never forget. 

Love & Light, 
TMV

No comments:

Post a Comment