Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Unchanging Foundations of Love

"We do not do it alone, of course. We are companioned through life by those few who are strong when we are frail, wise when we are naïve, certain when we are unsure. Underneath it all, holding us up as we change, are the people who love us. They make the present bearable and the future possible. However much we find ourselves in the throes of life, they stand by until we land again on solid ground, find ourselves again, get up in the morning ready to start over. Because of them, we stay steady on the path. They provide the unchanging foundations of love that enable us to risk change."

      - Joan Chrittister, from Called to Question

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to everyone who creates my unchanging foundation of love. I'm in constant awe of all the love and support and I genuinely wouldn't have the strength to be here without each of you.

I am so incredibly grateful, so incredibly blessed, and so incredibly happy to be serving here in Botswana. This thank-less work may leave me feeling like I haven't done anything here, but in my heart I know I'm making a difference. I'm thankful for that.

And I'm thankful for you.

Love & Light,
TMV

No comments:

Post a Comment