Friday, December 27, 2013

Your Heart Is What Carries Your Home

a delightful reminder from a dear friend of mine... if only the world could be full of people more like her. Thank you for making my heart smile & reminding me that my heart will safely hold my home. 

* * * * * 

my dear TMV,

I just wanted to write you a quick note to let you know that I am thinking of you always.... These last six months will be hard for you, for sure, home is where you make it and you have made one where you are loved and cherished, where you are understood and understand, where you love the traditions and life and where the people from your origins don't understand. But amor, after the transition, and when you come back to this other world that loves you, please remember that you are loved no matter where you go. You have a family wherever you go.... Your family next door and in Kang right now and your peace corps volunteers, and your family and friends here all across the US. Your Kang family is going nowhere, just as we are not. You're stuck with us ;)

I guess what I am trying to say is that during this Christmas, during these holidays, please remember how cherished you are, please remember that your heart is what carries your home. It will be hard, undoubtedly.... And hard every day. Things you will never forget while at the same time trying to move on with life.... That's an impossible thing. But with a New Year will come endings and beginnings.... And all of us will be with you that entire time. Right there to listen, to be a shoulder or an ear, or to drive to good times and burn our tongues on fries.

You inspire me daily.... You are incredible and brave and you give a world with an open heart and open arms.

Merry Christmas, happy holidays, happy new year.... I love you always.


* * * * * * 

Love & Light, 
TMV 

No comments:

Post a Comment