Saturday, December 28, 2013

Looking Back On 2013

2013 was a year of self growth. Of all my years on this Earth, I've never been challenged, pushed, or questioned more than the past year. Another year come and gone... Here are (a few of) my highlights of 2013. 
JANUARY 2013
New Years in Germany with Michael and his family

Quality time back in my village : making cookies, playing with kiddos

Reading all the sweet moments I wrote about in 2012, setting new years resolutions
FEBRUARY 2013
My parents visit. Period. 
MARCH 2013
Shakawe 5K event

Evening walks with my family in Kang

Visiting the Okavango Delta & Tsodillo Hills 
APRIL 2013
Celebrating ONE YEAR in Botswana

Trip to the Tuli Block

Local highlights: starting new youth groups, hail storms, etc. 
MAY 2013
My 24th birthday 

Girls GLOW camp at Matsha

Steinmetz 10 K event in Gabs 
JUNE 2013
Shekgalgadi Language Week at my house

Boys GLOW camp at Matsha 

The President visiting Kang

Mid-Service Training with Bots 12 
JULY 2013
My supervisor's new baby girl 

Khama Rhino Sanctuary 

Saying good-bye to some delightful friends 
AUGUST 2013
COLORADO. 

Visiting my family, my grandparents, my friends. 

The Mountains. Muddy Buddy. 
SEPTEMBER 2013
Michael's visit 

Goodhope GLOW camp 
OCTOBER 2013
Girls Weekend Trip to Chobe/Moremi

Helping Jan say goodbye to Kang & welcoming a new volunteer 
NOVEMBER 2013
Starting our new garden

Quality time around my village and in my community

Saying bye to graduating students I mentored/tutored 
DECEMBER 2013
Visiting Tsabong, to see my good friend and ride camels

Preparing for Christmas/Christmas in my village

Staff Christmas party/ Staff weddings 

* * * * * 

A year. 365 days. That's nothing. 

Time flies. I loved 2013. 2014 is going to slip away just as quickly. Enjoy the last days of 2013! 

Bring it on, 2014. I'm excited! 

Love & Light, 
TMV 

No comments:

Post a Comment